Students at Mount Saint Charles have an exceptional experience, and coming here is a lifelong investment in your daughter’s or son’s future. We’ve worked to make a Mount education affordable for everyone who feels our school is the right fit for their child, and we’ve kept tuition as low as possible and provided financial assistance to eligible families – we award more than $500,000 annually to help our families.
Details and requirements are outlined below, as are tuition rates and financial assistance opportunities.
We welcome you to contact Carrie Saladin of the Mount business office at 401-769-0310, ext. 107, or by emailing email@example.com with any additional questions.
Mount is pleased to offer merit based scholarships and awards. Visit mountsaintcharles.org/new-student-scholarships for more info.
When Mount graduates go to college, their college merit aid typically exceeds their high school tuition by a wide margin. The Class of 2022 earned an average of $187,000 in merit aid over four years. That’s almost three times the current tuition for four years at Mount Saint Charles. In addition, Mount graduates are responsible, intelligent, compassionate young adults with a strong moral compass who are prepared for college and life. That return on the investment on Mount is priceless.
2023-2024 TUITION & FEES
- Grades 6-8: $11,300
- Grades 9-12 & Post Grad: $16,400
2023-2024 Annual Fees (All Students)
- Electronic Resource Fee: $50
- Book and Uniform Fees: Vary (Parent’s Council annually offers a used book and uniform sale)
One Time Fees
- New Students Only Registration Fee: $325 One Time
- Seniors Only Graduation Fee: $450 One Time
- Members of Figure Skating Academy Fee: $3,500 Annually (Elite Program) or $1,750 (Debut Program)
Excelsior Development Program Fees (Annual)
- Figure Skating Academy Fee: $1,750 (Debut) $3,500 (Elite)
- Elite Dance Academy Fee: $ 2,700
- Hockey Academy: Fees per contract with partner organization (RI Saints) & $210 team meal fee MSC for day students
- Individual Skill & Conditioning (sport specific programs): $1,500 (or $750 per semester)
- Soccer offered in 2023-2024
Residential Life Fees
- Boarding Students Room & Board $27,490 annually
- Boarding Student Damage deposit $300 (new students only)
TUITION PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS
All tuition payments are paid through FACTS (Fast Automatic Cash Transfer System) Tuition Management (FACTS website). After the payment plan has begun, any changes to the payment plan will be subject to a change fee of $100.
The Tuition Payment Policy adopted by the School Board allows three methods of payment:
Option 1: Full payment by June 1 payable through F.A.C.T.S.
Option 2: Two equal semester payments with 1/2 due June 1st and 1/2 due December 1 payable through F.A.C.T.S.
Option 3: Eleven month payments (May-March) payable through the F.A.C.T.S. Monthly Payment Plan. This is the only monthly plan available.
AUTOMATIC REGISTRATION RENEWAL PROCESS FOR CURRENT STUDENTS
Mount Saint Charles must be notified by this date if:
- you wish to change the payment plan option for the next school year; or
- you do not plan to re-enroll your child at Mount.
Mount will continue to bill you under the same tuition payment plan for the duration of your child’s enrollment unless notified in writing prior to March 1 for the upcoming school year.
Financial Aid must be applied for each year for all students and is awarded based on financial need.
- Applications are only reviewed once a family applies for admission.
- Students on disciplinary probation will not be considered regardless of need. If significant disciplinary problems arise mid-year, financial aid award may be revoked and the full tuition balance will become due.
- Students must maintain a “C” average in order to continue receiving financial aid. Students receiving an average less than “C” will no longer be eligible for financial assistance.
- Students who do not meet the academic requirements of the school and are repeatedly placed on Academic Probation may have their financial aid rescinded.
- Financial aid will be applied evenly across all scheduled payments, based on the payment selection.
- If a student withdraws from school before the end of the year, financial aid will be proportional to the time the student attended school.
Need-based financial aid is determined using the recommendations of FACTS based on financial data as provided by the parents along with special circumstances made known to the Academy. There are no set amounts, but our philosophy is to help as many families as possible with some aid rather than a few families with large amounts of aid. Limited aid is available at the middle school level as the pool of aid is reserved for the increased tuition at the high school level.
Apply for Financial Aid online at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3CLYQ. The initial deadline is set by the Diocese of Providence in mid-February. On-time applications are crucial for families seeking significant aid. We accept applications after the deadline, though the amount of available money diminishes as the next school year approaches. Contact the MSC Business Office for specific information regarding your Financial Aid application.
Woonsocket Resident Award (Grades 6-12): $1000 discounts are available for all Woonsocket residents that qualify for financial aid. A financial aid application must be completed. These scholarships are renewable each year the student attends MSC and is a student in good standing.
Awards & Scholarships
Academic & Merit Scholarships (Grades 6-12): Academic and merit scholarships are awarded through the admissions process. These awards are given to students that take the entrance exam at Mount Saint Charles and complete the application process by January 15. Financial awards that honor achievement throughout the Mount experience are also given annually.
Alumni Legacy Award (Grades 9-12): Mount is pleased to offer a $500 discount to children of Mount alumni (max one per child). This discount is applied to each child attending Mount. These scholarships are renewable each year the student attends MSC in grades 9-12 and is a student in good standing.
Multiple-Child Discount Rate (Grades 6-12): Mount is pleased to be able to offer a discount to families making an investment for more than one child (dependent) attending Mount at the same time. Tuition discounts are listed below.
The discount rate is:
- Second child – 10%
- Third child – 25%
- Fourth child – 40%
- Fifth child and beyond – Free
Woonsocket Resident Award(Grades 6-12): $1000 discounts are available for all Woonsocket residents that qualify for financial aid. A financial aid application must be completed. These scholarships are renewable each year the student attends MSC and is a student in good standing.