How to apply for admission to Mount Saint Charles Academy
It is our hope that applying to Mount Saint Charles Academy for admission is a simple and transparent process. There are a few easy steps to be considered for admission to Mount.
Mount Saint Charles Academy values the gifts and talents of our students and aims to learn as much as we can about our candidates through the application process. We utilize standardized test data, transcripts, and teacher recommendations to ensure that the academic needs of students are met and supported.
We look for young people who can profit from and contribute to the religious and educational mission of our school and parents who are committed as partners in their children’s education. The application process has been created to gain a holistic perspective of each applicant.
A complete application file consists of:
- Submission of an online application
- Report cards or progress report: current year-to-date and past two years
- Teacher recommendations
- Two years of nationally-normed testing
- Disciplinary/conduct/effort reports, if applicable
- IEP or 504 and supporting evaluation, if applicable
Entrance Exam OR Student/Parent Interview
- applicants for grades 6 through 10 who do not have any nationally-normed score reports (for example: RICAS, MCAS, STAR, PSAT) must take an entrance exam.
- entrance exams are not required for 11th and 12th grade applicants but must participate in a student/parent interview.
New families: parents will need to create an account. Please note your username and password. You will be logging into the portal throughout the admissions process to access the admissions checklist and progress page.
Families with children currently or previously enrolled at Mount Saint Charles: parents, please log into the parent portal, click on “Resources” and then “Apply.” This will eliminate duplicate accounts and keep all family members connected in the portal.
Print the transcript release form and bring it to your principal/school counselor. The principal/school counselor will return the requested materials directly to the Admissions Office at Mount Saint Charles Academy.
The Admissions Office will need to process the application before this step can be completed. Please allow 1-2 days after submission of the application before attempting this step.
Email the English teacher recommendation form and math teacher recommendation form directly to your English and math teachers through the portal. Recommendations should be requested no earlier than 2 months into the school year.
- Log into the parent portal by going to www.mtstcharles.org -> click on myMSC.
- Select your child’s name in the top left corner and open the checklist.
- For each letter of recommendation step, select Start.
- Enter the recipient’s name and email address.
- Enter any additional comments.
- You can preview the email. To edit it, select Back to Request Form and enter your changes.
- Select Send Request. You can review the status of the request from your checklist.
- If the recipient submits a letter of recommendation, you will not be able to view the contents of the letter when it is submitted online.
- If the recipient declines to submit a letter of recommendation, you can start a new request from your checklist.
Tip: Your family is notified when a teacher declines or is not allowed to submit a letter of recommendation. The school is only notified if the teacher indicates that he is not allowed to submit a recommendation; the school is not notified if a teacher declines for other reasons.
- If you accidentally sent a request to the wrong individual or if you need to resend the request to the same individual because the person lost the email, you can resend the request from your checklist.
Mount Saint Charles Academy will be offering the middle school and high school entrance exams in-person this year. Students may also submit test results of the ISEE, SSAT, or TOEFL in lieu of taking the entrance exam at Mount Saint Charles. It is the parents’ responsibility to have a copy of the exam scores sent to GasbarroS@mtstcharles.org if the student is taking an entrance exam at a location other than Mount Saint Charles.
Students entering grades 11 and 12 are not required to take an entrance exam but are required to participate in a student/parent interview.
Middle school and high school students
- Saturday, December 4, 2021
- Saturday, December 11, 2021
- Saturday, March 26, 2022
Middle school students only
- Saturday, November 13, 2021
Students should arrive at 8:15 AM and will be brought to classrooms at 8:30 AM. Because this is a timed test, we are unable to accommodate late arrivals. Middle school applicants will be done at approximately 11:00 AM and high school applicants will be done at approximately 12:00 PM.