Join Mount Saint Charles Academy to be inspired. Our music program nurtures creativity, abstract thinking, and presentation skills, and encourages students to be inspired by their own talents. Classes accommodate students of every ability level, from beginners to burgeoning pros, encouraging them to find their creative outlets.
Our music program that began when the school was founded in 1924 includes instrumental and choral music.
The arts at Mount extend beyond the stage and studio. Teachers incorporate arts into interdisciplinary lessons on cultural awareness, heritage, and diversity. Our student musicians share their talents with the community. Music is a medium of communication; a way of connecting through melody and harmony and verse. It inspires players and listeners alike. At Mount we nurture every student’s gifts and encourage them to follow the road of their passion.
- Grammy award winners and prestigious musicians visit Mount to work with students in small classroom settings and one-on-one
- Students perform artists’ commission pieces, allowing professional composers to hear their musical pieces come alive for the first time
- Several middle and high school performances held each year at events including “Meet the Department,” “Lessons and Carols,” Choral and Bells,” and spring choral concerts
- Middle school band and chorus groups take annual trip to Boston, Mass.
- High school chorus international trips to areas including Ireland and Toronto, Canada
•Student placement among the states’ best musicians in All-State ensembles
- The Fine Arts Outreach Program brings top quality music to local schools and civic organizations
- Nationally known performers, musicians, and composers work and perform with Mount students
- “Pops on the Green” outdoor concerts
- Mount’s “Alumni Band” hosts homecoming performances
- Variety of musical opportunities including the strings program, instrumental band, wind ensemble, chorus, jazz band, handbells, and steel drums
© Mount Saint Charles Academy 2019