At Mount Saint Charles Academy, our students are introduced to the wonders of our natural world, and through coursework that is both fascinating and rigorous, proficiency in laboratory experiments, and real-world experiences, our students grow their appreciation and understanding for the universe at large, equipping them with the knowledge and passion to lead the next generation of inventors, engineers, researchers, chemists, environmentalists, and rocket scientists.
- Students eligible for specialized environmental credentials
- Trips to University of Massachusetts – Lowell observatory and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Massachusetts
- Students attend the High School Marine Science Symposium at Northeastern University, learning about marine-related careers
- Mount students learn about chemistry, biology, local history, urban science, and geography through hands-on projects in our own backyard, by performing tasks such as evaluating water from the Blackstone River
- Garden and greenhouse on campus provides students opportunities for outdoor learning and promotes community service, as all crops are donated to a food pantry run by All Saint Catholic Church in Woonsocket
“I enjoy the family that I have here, we are definitely a community here. The kids feel that as well, and they know that we do care about them and we show that. We all work together very well. We work to the best interests of the students.” – Janice Ferry, Science Department chairwoman
© Mount Saint Charles Academy 2019