The Mount Saint Charles English Language Arts Department helps students become readers who are insightful and detail-oriented, and writers who create literacy pieces with precision, tact, and vibrancy. Through our courses, we help students form an appreciation of aesthetics and culture as they examine global interdependence.
- Revamped curriculum and course offerings to better cater to college prep
- Award-winning student literary works earn accolades in several essay contests each year
- Media reporting equipment including a green screen facilitated by students
- Extracurricular opportunities, including a writing club and Mount’s student-run newspaper, The Hilltopper, allow students to continue sharpening their writing, reading, and comprehension skills with guidance from dedicated staff members volunteering their time
- Constant writing check-ins between students and faculty members yields strong writing portfolios showcasing each student’s work
“When we hear back from (former) students in college, they find themselves extremely well-prepared to write for college because of what they’ve done here – we really try to develop their voice as a writer.” – John Guevremont, department chairman of English Language Arts
© Mount Saint Charles Academy 2019