Mount Saint Charles Academy is located on Logee Street in the Bernon Heights section of Woonsocket, just off Park Avenue, about 20 miles northwest of Providence and close to the border with Massachusetts. It is easily accessible from Routes 146, 126, 99 and 295 in Rhode Island and Routes 126, 146 and 495 in Massachusetts. The school is twenty minutes from Providence, Johnston & Smithfield in Rhode Island; 20 minutes from Franklin and 25 minutes from Milford, 10 minutes from Uxbridge and Wrentham, and just over the line from Bellingham, Blackstone and Millville, Massachusetts.
For international students, Logan International Airport in Boston is about 60 minutes away and New York City area airports are 4 hours away. Rhode Island’s T.F. Green Airport has connecting flights to New York and is 30 minutes from the school. The AMTRAK station in Providence is twenty minutes from the Academy.
The campus consists of over twenty-two acres and two main buildings - the school and the Brother Adelard Ice Arena.
The main building was built in the early 1920s and was ready for a September 1924 opening. It faces the back of the property, overlooking downtown Woonsocket, which is where the main road was during that era.
The new gymnasium/health education center and performing arts center opened in the fall of 1999. The gymnasium was added to the western end of the original gymnasium and boasts two basketball courts, climbing walls, and seating for over 1000 people. The old gymnasium was reconstructed to include new locker shower rooms, a dance room, health education classroom, and offices for the alumni director, athletic director, and nurse.
The performing arts center was also created out of the old gymnasium and includes a music center with practice rooms, choral rooms, a full-band assembly, and a new drama center - the Bell Tower Theater.
The two-story lobby and the new corridor overlook the soccer field and offer glimpses of the city and into nearby Massachusetts.
Other improvements to the Academy's physical plant include five state of the art science centers, and a technology center. Several classrooms have already been renovated and feature interactive whiteboards and built in LCD projectors. Classroom renovations continue on the third floor with 8 more rooms being renovated during the summer of 2012. The renovation process will begin on the second floor during the summer of 2013.
A new stairwell was added to the western end of the building in 2008.
The arena was built in the early 1960s with much of the upper portion of the building taken from an abandoned World War II airplane hangar. The bleachers were first used in the 1964 World's Fair in New York City. The building is named after Brother Adelard, generally regarded as the Father of Schoolboy Hockey in Rhode Island.
Construction of six tennis courts on the property just across Logee Street from the main driveway entrance will begin in the late summer/early fall of 2012.